[TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
From: N4NT@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:06:27 -0400
Would someone kindly explain to me why I need to know my frequency with such
precision?
--------------------------------------
This reminds me of the story about the medical student and his father.  All
through medical school the boy fondly thought of his father's coming home
from his blue-collar job and sitting down in front of his hi-fi record
player and listening to music.  The boy vowed that when he got to where he
could do it, he was going to get his father the finest stereo set that money
could buy.

That day came.  The boy took his dad on the long awaited shopping trip.
They compared this stereo with that.  They studied specifications and
studied specifications and compared specifications.

Finally they got the very best set that money could buy.

The next time the boy came home to visit, he noticed that his dad didn't
listen to his music anymore.  He asked why.  The father's response was
telling.  He said, "You know, I used to listen to the music.  Now all I hear
is the wow, rumble, flutter and harmonic distortion."

73, Mike N4NT