[TenTec] Orion Specs?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Specs?
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:29:53 -0400
        I notice Ten-Tec has been taking orders for the Orion
since June 19, but has still not published any specs other than
this:

    "Very high RX intercept points, superior dynamic range and an
    extremely low phase-noise synthesizer make ORION's main receiver
    performance unmatched by any other HF transceiver."

        Has anyone seen anything more specific?  Since these are
published performance specs, I assume Orion should surpass them:

"Close In IMD Dynamic Range and Blocking Dynamic Range at 5 kHz Signal
Spacing" (ARRL Lab Results, Preamp off on 20M, in order of IMDDR3):

Rig                           IMDDR3           BDR

Elecraft K2                     88             126
Ten-Tec Omni 6+                 86             119
Yaesu FT-1000MP                 83             111
ICOM IC-756 Pro                 80             104
Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V          78             106
ICOM IC-775DSP                  77             104
ICOM IC-706 MkII G              74              86
Yaesu FT-1000MP Field           73             107
Kenwood TS-570D                 72              87
ICOM IC-756                     67              98

Sources:

http://www.elecraft.com/K2_perf.htm
(a summary of published ARRL tests and correspondence from KC1SX)

http://www.arrl.org/members-only/prodrev/pdf/pr0208.pdf
(which adds the Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V Field).

                                       73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I'll happily accept any color case or display if Orion
significantly improves on the performance above!