[TenTec] Re: Centurion 0 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Centurion 0 review
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:16:40 EDT
Hi all: Personally, I inspect everything that comes in for loose items.
Besides the occasional item assembled by someone with a screw loose,
literally everything has a natural resonance. The larger it is the lower the
frequency, and the lower the resonance.

Vibrate that thing at anything close to it's natural resonance frequency and
every screw in it will work loose in very short order. And freight and parcel
trucks manage to shake, rattle, and roll at many different frequencies all at
the same time. So it's not unusual for something to come in with loose
fasteners.

The only ways I know of to avoid that is to either not ship at all, or put a
liberal dose of Loctite on every fastener - and you don't want to do that on
anything you might ever have to get into.

So, it's best to check everything of any size and weight you get when you get
it. It saves trouble in the long run.

As far as the amp itself is concerned - it's as easy to use as my Alpha 87,
and a whole lot quicker to get on the air with.

73 Pete Allen  AC5E