[TenTec] My own little "quiet test"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My own little "quiet test"
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 05:36:21 -0800 (PST)
W5YR wrote:
"The PRO is flat from about 80 Hz to 3600 Hz. So, it
has the high-frequency response required to make noise
have that crisp, brittle "percussive" sound while the
K2 filters out the highs and the lows and
makes it sound softer."

Interesting observation and I'm wondering if that
really explains what Tim was describing about the
percussive characteristics of the received cw.  I also
notice that an FT-1000MP's received cw sounds
"percussive" (thumpy?), when compared to Ten-Tec and
some older radios around my shack.  Perhaps it has
more to do with AGC response, detector or ??? than
merely audio bandwith.  I prefer the non-percussive cw
note myself.

Any other thoughts on this?

73,
Barry  N1EU