[TenTec] Omni-D problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-D problem
From: dslosty@pipeline.com (dslosty)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:28:55 -0500

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:10:19 -0600
>From: "Bill Hawkins" <w5ec@knology.net>
>Subject: [TenTec] OMNI D question

>I recently acquired an OMNI D that appears to be
>in very good shape except for one problem.
>The output on 15 meters is very low. Output is
>good on all other bands.
>Any ideas for this?
>Thanks
>Bill W5EC

Hi Bill,
I'm an owner of an Omni-D and an Omni-C.
I've worked on the rigs quite a bit.

Several things can cause low output on a band.
First suspect would be a poor bandswitch connection.
My second suspect would be the low level bandpass filter alignment.
Third thing would be the xtal oscillator output for the
band that is low. A fourth possibility is a defect in the RF output
low pass filter assembly.

The easiest way to find this is with an oscilloscope.
Comparing signal levels stage by stage and band by band would take about
a half hour with a good 'scope. If you don't own a 'scope, buy, beg
borrow or steal one. It's probably one of the first accessories
that should be in every ham station.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT