[TenTec] Scout mechanical problems....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout mechanical problems....
From: EAvila@caiso.com (Avila, Edward)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:34:38 -0800
To all,

I'm running a Ten Tec Scout about 3 years old in the car and lately I've
started experiencing mechanical-stability problems which happens when I hit
a large bump in the road (we have many of them in this part of the
country!)it jumps 1-khz or so in frequency even when the lock is
on........not cool when running CW!!

Electrically, when the car is at rest, the Scout is as stable as the digital
rigs (well, almost...HI), so this is really a mechanical problem. About a
year ago I took the PTO out and cleaned it per TT, do I need to do this once
a year or is there a better, more permanent fix for this problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated since other than the stability
problem I really like running this rig in the car and would like to keep it
for this service.

thanks........73 /k6sdw