[TenTec] Pegasus vs Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs Omni VI
From: k2pc@capital.net (Charlie Corp)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:03:13 -0400
 I agree with Carl, N4PY, except: I have had my Omni for 3 years and the
Pegasus since September 1999. I use the Omni on 160M CW and some other
bands on CW. I believe it to be a little more sensitive.

 For SSB there is no comparison, the Pegasus beats the Omni easily. And
for just plain good listening you can't beat the Pegasus.
 My hearing has been tortured from listening to the chirpy CW from the
Chinese and North Koreans in the 50's and having worked in heavy
industry for the past 40 years(while still using ham radio), so the
Pegasus is like listening to CW and SSB in Stereo. On various nets such
as the "county hunters" and "ECARS" you can't beat the filter selection
in the Pegasus.

And finally, Carl's software is the reason the pegasus works so well,
don't get a Pegasus unless you intend to use his software. (my opinion).

                       Pete, K2PC