[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Frequency Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Frequency Drift
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:21:23 -0700
George, on the pegasus the frequency is set in software.
There is an offset in the pegasus.ini file. It is the offset in Hz at 10MHz.
On my pegasus the offset at 10MHz is 12Hz. The pegasus uses a TCXO.
The N4PY does a better job of frequency compensation than the
Ten Tec software.
 My RX-320 has an offset of -119 Hz. It does not have a TCXO.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF