[TenTec] Re: Triton IV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Triton IV
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:45:56 -0400
By the way, I've been using my Triton IV at my South Florida location for
the past several months.  I absolutely love this radio.  The QSK is now
better than ever with N4LQ's side tone mod, output power is stable,
extremely low noise receiver, zero drift, all in a small no-nonsense desktop
pakage.  I am surprised at how well the audio filter performs within the AGC
loop.  In its tightest setting, the Triton has very good selectivity, and
seemingly as good as a crystal I.F. filter and exhibits no sign of ringing.
I am (reluctantly) using a new Astron 25-amp switching supply and the two
seem to be meant for each other.  I only wish that it was produced after the
WARC bands were established.  I am also using the Triton with a PK-3 micro
keyer chip from Jackson Harbor Press.  It's pin-fo-pin compatible with the
Embedded Research TiCK, but offers many more features for half the price of
the TiCK.

-Paul, W9AC
Weston, Florida