[TenTec] WTB: Ten-Tec 1220

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Ten-Tec 1220
From: tscott@eni.net (Tom Scott)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 00:10:24 -0700
I'm considering purchase of a TT 1220 or actually I guess they call it the
1222 when it has the 35W power amp. Thought I'd see if anyone has one they
want to part with. Built or not, but must be clean, non-smoking.

On the other hand, anyone want to tell me what they think of the one they
won't part with? Honestly this is a case where the features of the rice
boxes are very tempting, as fond as I am of Ten-Tec. I've also looked at a
Yaesu 8100 and there are at least three things it has that are tempting,
dual band dual receive (very useful sometimes), remote-able control panel
(fits my vehicle a lot better), and frequency/tone scan (would be very nice
when on the road someplace where you're unfamiliar with the repeaters). But
we all know the appeal of the TT products and the company that backs them
up. Today I'm leaning toward the TT. Among other things, I suspect it may
have better receive characteristics, and we all know it has better support.

The 6n2 would be interesting, but am I the only one that thinks "under $800"
is kind of steep for a dual band VHF, even from TT? Maybe there will be some
folks trading up from a 1220 when the 6n2 comes out?

- Tom Scott, Manager of eEngineering, Wyle Electronics eBusiness Group
Wyle Electronics
10300 SW Nimbus Ave #PB
Portland, OR 97223
503-603-1931 - Tel