[TenTec] Ten Meter contest and Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Meter contest and Pegasus
From: adb1x1@yahoo.com (Anthony Bowyer)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 05:23:11 -0800 (PST)

   I used the Pegasus in the ARRL 10 meter contest
last weekend, and it performed beautifully. I didn't
notice any phase-noise problems or overload problems
with the many very strong signals on 10 during the
morning and afternoon. DSP really helped dig out some
of the signals that were right next to each other.
   Even though this isn't related to the Pegasus, I'm
beginning to believe proper mike gain and speech
processor adjustment should be made part of the exams
for all license classes. Some guys were 8 khz wide or
more, and you could here the blood flowing through
their veins because the mike gain was so high! They
make those controls variable for a reason! Splatter
was terrible! I would be embarrassed to transmitter
such garbage!