[TenTec] Ten-Tec Lore: Model 120

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Lore: Model 120
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 23:48:15 -0400
In an old Ten-Tec catalog (everyone saves them, right?) I saw a
model 120 HF-SSB Manpack Transceiver. It looks like it was
designed to compete directly with the SGC-715 portable HF transceiver.
Has anyone ever seen one? What agencies bought them?

The snap-on battery pack might be a good idea for the Scout
or ARGO 556.

What kind of antenna did it use? The SGC in the photo in "Jane's
Military Communications" looks like some sort of center loaded
whip.

Interesting stuff. So many hams are conditioned to think that
portable=VHF FM, I think that we don't exploit HF portable
as much as we should.

                        Bob WB2VUF