[TenTec] Centaur problem ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur problem ?
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 00:59:00 -0400
Hi Michael,

I'm not sure my experience will help you, but here it is:

About 25 years ago I bought a Heathkit SB-220 linear amplifier.

It tuned up just fine on the lower bands, but I had trouble on the higher
bands.  The symptom was that I was 'dipping and loading' but instead of the
power output's increasing, it was decreasing - even though my input power
was going up (higher current to the SB-220 PA's).

What I found was that there was a point beyond which I had to increase the
amplifier tuned just fine.  On my SB-220, I had to advance the load control
up to 6 (on a 1 to 10 scale) on 10 meters to start being close to proper
tuning.  From there on, it was easy.

Best to you - 73
de Mike N4NT@wireco.net