[TenTec] Centaur and Omni 6+ revisited

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur and Omni 6+ revisited
From: n0ru@neonramp.com (Robb Urie)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:09:33 -0600
Greetings,

To all who have responded to my question, thanks.
Yes I know that the op/standby switch must be off,
but I still did not get anywhere.
Call TT and got the usual basic troubleshooting steps,
which I already tried. So instead of taking the amp back
to the ham I purchased it from, I decided to poke around
inside.
To make a long story short, I appear to have a defective
toggle switch. It seems to not make full contact, and does
not switch with the same action as the other three.
Continuity checks of the switch confirm this, one set of
contacts (ones with wire back to jack) does not conduct.
Must have gotten damaged when placed in box?
I will call TT to order switch.
Now about that fan...

73,
Robb...N0RU