[TenTec] RE: Dummy load oil

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Dummy load oil
From: DELJAN@worldnet.att.net (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 06:19:08 -0900
You're not off base, Web. Your experience is
typical, and use of transformer oil is the proper
one.
I am not a chemist, but I'll bet if the guys
who use the other stuff would look at the energy
with good test gear, they would find some odd
characteristics added by the oil. Remember,
even a light bulb will work as a dummy load, but
doesn't necessarily mean 50 ohms, zero reactance,
etc. And, of course - there are times when "Who Cares"
applies!
de KL7HF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>