[TenTec] Freq. reading on dial

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Freq. reading on dial
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:51:58 -0600
Looks to me like the first thing to check is the +REG supply. Its
regulated by U1 and Q9 on the control board. It could prevent offset
from working and would lower the drive to the counter so it wouldn't
count. Its available on the pins that are jumpered together on the
auxiliary connector on back the radio. The digital readout is
independent of the frequency determining PTO so the radio should still
work without a counter and the counter is preset to accomodate the
necessary offset for the band and mode in use.

I just caught my Corsair II with the wandering BPT. Have to dig and see
what else could cause that besides a wandering +REG.

My book is missing the parts list page 3-34, so I don't know what U1 is.
What is it?

73, Jerry, K0CQ