[TenTec] TVI Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TVI Problem
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:31:18 -0700
How do you feed the antenna?  Coax may be radiating and overloading
the local equipment.  A low pass filter will only help if the
TVI is not overload, but bad products from your OMNI (unlikely).
Sounds like overload if your computer speakers are making noises.

The thing to do is minimize RF fields there in the house.  You
can move your antenna further away from the house AND make sure
your feedline is not radiating (good balun or line isolator).

Also, you might try RF bypassing of the speakers (.01 uF caps)
and filters for the TV antenna.  Sometimes these do the trick
alone.

Good luck. I have had this stuff happen to me too.

Clark
WA3JPG