[TenTec] Model 1210

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 1210
From: prvalko@oakland.nospam.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:13:58 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Lane C. Zeitler wrote:

> Dave,
> I wonder how the sensitivity will compare to a true 2 meter all mode rig. I
> have enver used a xverter but always if the operator had a "high end" rig
> how it would work as a tuneable I.F. for the 2 meter band.

My 1210 seems slightly more sensitive than my TS-700SP in A/B tests with a
carrier signal.  I am running it into an FT-900at.  None of my TenTecs
have FM. :-)

YOU REALLY need to be careful with the tiny IF cores..  TenTec suggests
lubricating them with Baby Powder (it works, too!) the trick is to even
get the iron core OUT with out breaking them.  See my post from a couple
weeks ago for more details on this great kit.

73 =paul= w8kc
Collector of TenTecs and other fine plastics