[TenTec] squeak

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] squeak
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:30:14 -0700
> Upon returning from vacation, I find my Omni VI VFO knob now squeaks
> loud every time I turn it....squeak, squeak, squeak.....as I turn the

Common problem.  Easy fix.  Remove the rubber outer ring from the knob.
Get out your hex wrench set and find the right little one to remove
the knob.  Now clean and lube the little entry to the optical encoder
assembly.

I think you can actually take out the shaft and clean and lube it,
anyone do this one?  I have made it all smooth and nice just from
the removal of the knob.

You might also note whether the pressure points from the adjustable
drag inside the knob are doing OK.  There are little pads in there,
you might need to reglue them or even to bend the ends back up
to where they make contact with the front panel.  Have fun.

Clark
WA3JPG