[TenTec] TITAN Tuned input adjustment??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TITAN Tuned input adjustment??
From: EdGuzis@cris.com (Ed Guzis .)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:57:37 -0500
Forwarded post for Gerry:

----------
From: GERRY SCOTT <gerys@juno.com>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: TITAN Tuned input adjustment??
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 16, 1997 8:24 PM

My Titan is finicky on 10. With my OMNI when I try to load it, when I get
the power output to abt 400 watts out it becomes unstable, the output
jumps up and down, like a tube rig in need of neutralization. When used
with a Yaesu 1000MP the 1000 reads high swr and cuts back. The antennas
are all fine. I tried different cable length between exciter and linear,
no help. I'm guessing the Titan tuned input on 10 needs adjustment (btw
it works perfectly on 12). Can the tuned input be adjusted or is special
equipment required?  On rare occasions I am able to tune up on 10, but
most of the time can't do it. Don't have any idea why it loads sometimes.
Any help? Tks de Gerry K1NY.