Touch tone for 1220

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Touch tone for 1220
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul, Wv3j)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:09:15 -0700
Greetings,

Ten Tec indicated in the T-kit catalog that there would be a touch-tone mike
in the future for the 1220.  It is my understanding that they have been
unable to find touch-tone components at reasonable prices and that this
situation has put the project on long term hold.

I don't know if what I found at the Richmond (VA) Frostfest today is of use
to the company, but fills the bill for me.  ATT 123A 10 memory touch tone
dialers were going for $5.00 each (new in the box with batteries.)  The
device has a 16 button keypad on one face and a speaker on the other.  It's
about the size of a credit card.  It looks as if ATT might have had these
produced for passing out to international traveling business customers.
Publication date on the literature enclosed with the device is 8/93.

The fellow at the hamfest had scads of them.  Wish I'd bought several, but I
was looking for bits and peices for a homebrew amp and didn't realize how
good this gadget is until I got it home.

73,

Paul Helbert - Wv3j

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html