Omni-6 & NA

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni-6 & NA
From: wwalsh@intac.com (Warren Walsh)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 07:37:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Rein Couperus wrote:

> I am having EXACTLY the same problems with TR-LOG.. it is definitely
> a defect in the OMNI firmware. Interestingly, on 4800 bd the keyer lockup
> does not happen, only on 1200 and 2400 bd. BTW, the lockup not only happens
> to the internal keyer, also the external keying line is DEAD AS A DODO.
>
> The only remedy is switching the rig on and off.
>
> Another interesting feature of the OMNI VI: when I try the computer interface
> with 1200 or 2400 Bd, the tuning rate goes down to 85 Hz per rev. This can
> only
> be changed by a MASTER RESET. Also this effect is not present at 4800 Bd..
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> -Rein, PA0RCT
>
> http://www.iaehv.nl/users/reinc (link to KM9P included...)

I am using CT both version 8 and 9, I also have NA version 9 and I have
not run into this problem, yet. I have Cde turned on for both my every
day logging program and for CT, so far it has not bothered  NA. The
display has not gone haywire yet. There is a possibility that I might
have older firmware, my rig was purchased in November 1992, and serviced
in November 1994. I have used it for our multi-multi operations at N2RM,
and have had no problems. I run my interface at 9600 baud usin a 3
conductor cable between computer and rig.

Warren - N2BCC
wwalsh@intac.com