TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Winkeyer support in 0.53

To: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Winkeyer support in 0.53
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 20:10:00 +0000
On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 08:15:43PM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> The Winkeyer support in 0.53 is still defective. Testing on WK 3.1

I am sorry to hear this is still not working for you.

As you might recall - neither I nor W9CF could replicate this using
our Winkeyers or other keyers we have avaliable.

I tried both the sidetone issue and the truncated text issue and
I could not make my WK fail in the way you describe.

I just looked over the variouos messages on the list about this issue
a few months ago.

My understanding is you are compling from source and running this on
linux.

I did not see it mentioned but just we know are you using 64 bit or 32
bit?

Have you tried downloading the binary and running that?

It would be interesting what your results are with running the
prebuilt binary.

You can get a 64 bit version here:

https://github.com/trlinux/trlinux/releases

It would be very interesting to know if the binary fails for you the same way
the code you compile fails.

> The perfectly functioning WK support in CQRlog can be an example of
> how it can be... I am so sorry...

You are welcome to submit a PR with improvements to the WK code in trlinux.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net