TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Request - remove the sidetone

To: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Request - remove the sidetone
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 19:04:42 +0000
On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 08:39:46PM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> Yes, I use STDCFG.DAT. Here is:
>
> MY CALL = OK1RR
> DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
> AUTO CALL TERMINATE = TRUE
> AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT = 4
> BAND MAP ENABLE = TRUE
> DUPE CHECK SOUND = NONE
> WINKEYER PORT = SERIAL /dev/ttyACM1

I notice that the DXP seems to be using ttyACM as opposed to ttyUSB.

I wonder if that is causing some issues with control of the device?

If you go into ctl-j after it is running and try turning the sidetone on

sending some code

and

then turn it off and send some code

Does that turn it off?

I think ttyACM is a linux driver for modems and the ttyUSB is for USB devices.
It seems possible that some difference is getting in the way of some of the
commands being sent to the the winkeyer chip.

Looking on the web I see some comments that the ttyACM is expecting a
modem device and might send it some probe commands to it. And another
comment from someone saying that under their Ubuntu system they have a
device showing up as ttyACM and the OS spends sometime sending AT modem
commands to it for sometime.

There is a way to see some of the commands getting exchanged.

w9cf had me do that when working on the mortty keyer.

I forget off the top of my head.

George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr