TRLog

[Trlog] FreeDos help?

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] FreeDos help?
From: Patrick Barkey <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 19:51:56 -0600
I am having some memory issues with TR Log that causes the remaining
memory to go super low when the DVP TSR is loaded, and I suspect is
the root of instability even when not using the DVP.

I am running FreeDos version 0.84 on a dual boot PC with a FreeDos and
a Windows XP partition.

My config.sys file is as follows:

dos=high
dos=umb
device=himem.sys
device=emm386.exe
lastdrive=z
buffers=15,0
files=40
stacks=18,512

My autoexec.bat  is as follows:

set temp=c:\
set tmp=c:\
set path=c:\;c:\fdos;c:\log
set prompt=$P$G
set lang=EN

It has been so long since I really knew anything about DOS that I must
confess I don't remember what half of these commands do anymore.  But
I do know that my TR is unstable!  Have been running 6.8-something or
the other, just put up 6.95.  Any suggestions from the brain trust out
there?

  - Pat
    N9RV