TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Shift Key QSY with K3

To: <trlog@contesting.com>, "Paul Kirley" <pkirley@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Shift Key QSY with K3
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:12:50 +0500
> F5VHY sed:
>>  The feature to enable frequency change from the shift keys seems to be
>> missing after from 6.79 onwards.
>>  I have SHIFT KEY ENABLE = TRUE set OK.
>>  Is it broken or has the command changed?
>
> Tree replied:
>>  Anyone else seeing this?
>>  It is working on my K3 in current version.
>

> I don't know how SHIFT KEY ENABLE used to work, but with my K3 it changes
> only the RIT/XIT offset.  This is fine for CQ mode, but has limited range
> in S&P (with both RIT and XIT turned on).
>
> TR version 6.91
> K3 firmware 2.73 in serial number 1322
>
> 73, Paul W8TM

I use 6.79 and K3. IN CQ mode shift is changing RIT (when RIT is on), In S/P
mode shift is changing the frequency of the VFO. I think that is exactly how
it has to be.,

BTW Tree, I heard you calling CQ on 160 the other day. I have tried to call
but apparently you did not hear me. I was running 700 watt into inverted L
(21m vertical and about 27m horisontal). Keying was done by TRlog :)

73, Igor UA9CDC