TRLog

[TRLog] ARRL VHF Contest (fwd)

Subject: [TRLog] ARRL VHF Contest (fwd)
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

> (FN03XX) to get a precise beam heading.  On the microwave bands that can be
> the
> difference in making a contact or not.  The difficulty is that you cannot log
> a contact
> with the extra 2 letters.  You must backspace to remove the offending
> letters, and then
> press enter.  Am I doing this right?

You are doing right.
Maybe Tree could make it possible to enter EM00ST and have
TR-Log ignore the ST part.

You can enter the grid in the call window to
get the beam heading if you like.

>       Second, if I enable the grid square map via logcfg.dat and allow VESA,
> the whole
> screen goes to VESA.  Not good for my aging eyesight!!
>       But if I enable the grid map with control-J, or turn the VESA off in
> logcfg.dat
> the grid map comes up in the middle of the screen hiding the editable
> callsigns, the
> grid totals for each band, and partially the QSO's needed/ multi needed
> windows.  BUT,
> the text on the screen is "normal" sized and much easier to see.  Is there
> any way to
> move the grid map to the bottom of the screen?  Or any other suggestion?

There is not a way to change this.
On 6m I run the grid map in VGA mode on the higher bands I run it
in the normal mode - it does cover up the eidt window but as you
make contacts you will see that the edit window
and needs window come into view and it works pretty well.

I find it useful to change the beam heading, mult and qso needs
windows and text a diffrent color than the grid map so that
they are eaiser to see.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "