TRLog

[TRLog] Runtime Error

Subject: [TRLog] Runtime Error
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 07:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
>  I am using a 300 MHZ PII Computer with 128 Meg of ram. Everytime I run
> "Post" I receive a "RUNTIME ERROR 200 @ 17AF:0091"
>  I currently have 6.24 installed. This happens under a DOS Shell via WIN95
> OSR 2.1 and also when booting directly to the DOS prompt.
>
>  My computer systems is configured for removable hard drives. I have a
> seperate hard drive running DOS 6.22 and receive the same runtime error on
> that as well.  However, the memory location is 1739:0091.
>
> On my 486, I have no problem running post and having it work correctly.
>
>  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, this appears to be the same basic problem that we had when the
166 MHz processors showed up.  When Borland created their delay routine
for the Pascal compiler I am using, they didn't make it "166 MHz
compliant".  What happened is that a number they computed as a divisor
got too big if the processor was running too fast - and created an
overflow situation.

I will investigate this as I am sure that the Borland Pascal underground
has probably already seen this and someone has created a new patch to
fix the problem.  I will try to have this figured out for the next
release.

Does TR run on the Pentium II computer?  I would expect the same thing to
happen.

73 Tree