TRLog

Sound card and simulator

Subject: Sound card and simulator
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:09:25 -0600 (CST)
>Is there a way to have the sound come out of a sound-card rather than
>the PC speaker?  It sure would be nice when running the simulator.

Not at the moment.  I think it would be cool to add
and it is somewhere on the to do list.

Some sound cards allow for a way to "pipe" the pc speaker
into them - I have seen ka9fox do it.

What I have done on two diffrent mother boards is to
bring out the speaker connections to the back panel.

On my 286 the volume from the motherboard had to
be turned down before feeding headphones.
On my newer 5x86 computer the "speaker" output is more like
a low line level output - so I have to run it through an amp
to bring it up for speakers or headphones.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.    "My theory is that if you can work everything