[SECC] K4BAI Will be a QRP Fox Tuesday Night Local Date on 40M

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Will be a QRP Fox Tuesday Night Local Date on 40M
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:34:15 -0500
Tuesday night, February 2, 0100 to 0330 UTC Wednesday, I will be one of
two QRP Foxes on 40M between 7030 and 7050 kHz.  The other QRP Fox will
be Dave, N1IX, in NH.

I am located in Columbus, GA on the western boundary with AL and about
mid way N/S.  I will be using a FT1000MP dialed down to 5W and will
alternate between a 40M coax fed dipole and an 88' center-fed zepp,
which are oriented in different directions.

The exchange is RST, Name, SPC, and Power.  To participate, you must run
no more than 5W.  No one is permitted to spot the frequencies of the two
foxes.  This gives more credit to the hunt part of the Fox Hunt.

You can find the home page for the QRP Fox Hunts including rules,
schedules, and results by a computer search for "QRP Fox Hunt."

Usually one fox is in the top 10 kHz and one is in the lower 10 kHz, but
that might change Tuesday night if the VP8SGI (or other) expedition is
on 40 CW or RTTY.  If there is severe QRM in one segment, both foxes may
be in the same segment of the band.

If QRM permits, I will start off split (usually up about one kHz) and
will advertise this by sending "UP" (or possibly "DOWN") at the end of
the CQ and TU messages.  After the pile up dies down, I will be
listening simplex and will no longer be sending UP or DOWN.

You may work only the two foxes and not other hounds (for credit in the
fox hunt).  73/72, John, K4BAI.