[SECC] NAQP SSB on Saturday August 29 = Teams

Subject: [SECC] NAQP SSB on Saturday August 29 = Teams
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:12:09 -0400
Hello all: The NAQP SSB is scheduled for the four hours from 0000 to
0400 UTC on Sunday, August 30, which is Saturday night August 29 local
date in North America.  You may recall that this contest was resurrected
by KW8N, K7SS, and others after being dropped by NCBJ.  Last winter, it
was run under its new sponsors and it was a huge success with every one
of our 50 US states being represented.  This uses the Sprint format with
a QSY required of one to five kHz after making a QSO when you solicited
the call.  One kHz to all another station and five kHz to call CQ again.
  It is run on 20, 40, and 80M SSB.  You can run HP, LP, or QRP.  There
is a good awards program and it is a fun contest when a lot of stations
participate.  The QSY rule means that no one can just sit on a frequency
and run as a lot of us like to do.  So it can be more fun for those who
can't always sit on one frequency and run.

Our past experience with the NA Sprints has been that it is hard for any
one of our middle class clubs to get up anything like a full 10-member
team.  For that reason, the late W4AN, the founder of SECC, created a
mailing list for South East Sprint Coalition.  And we have entered teams
under that banner ever since.  I expect that is still the case, so I am
taking the initiative to put together the team(s) under the SESC banner
and not under just the SECC.  W4OC or WA4AFP, I'd appreciate your
passing this along to the SFCG reflector.

Please e-mail me that you would like to be on a team and give me an
indication of what power level you will be using and approximately how
many of the four hours you anticipate operating.  I will organize and
register the team(s) before the deadline and will send everyone a copy
of the registration.  I'd like to register the team by next Friday
night, the night before the contest.  Any last minute changes required
can be done by my re-registering the team(s) on Saturday.

Please respond as soon as possible and ask your friends to join in also.

Thanks and 73,

John, K4BAI
President, SECC