[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:29:20 -0400
Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:

1.  UN DX Contest
W4BQF  190  60  58,466  SO HP  5.8   GA
K4BAI  113  44  24,200  SO HP  3:36  GA SECC

2.  Baltic Contest
K4BAI    1           1  SO CW LP  0:01  GA  SECC

This Week's Contests:

1.  CWOps Club CWT Mini Tests.  Every Wednesday.  Three separate
one-hour mini tests.  1300Z, 1900Z, 0300Z (Thursday local date). Exchange:
Name + CWOps# or SPC.  160-10M CW.  Look around 028 to 040 kHz on each
band plus up from 1815 kHz.

2.  NCCC NA Sprint Practice, RTTY.  0145Z to 0215Z Friday (Thurs night
local).  15, 20, 40, 80, 160 RTTY.  maximum power 100W.  One kHz QSY
rule.  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.  Look around 080 kHz and up
from 1805 kHz.

3.  NCCC NS Sprint Ladder, CW.  0230Z to 0259Z Friday (Thursday night
local).  15, 20, 40, 80, 160M CW.  Maximum power 100W.  One kHz QSY
rule.  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.  Look around 7040 kHz and up
from 1815 kHz..

4.  CQ WW WPX Contest CW.  00Z Sat - 2359Z Sun.  160-10M CW.  36 hours
maximum for single ops.  Exchange:  RST + serial #.

5.  SARL (South Africa) Digital Contest.  1300-1600Z Sunday.  80, 40,
20M PSK, RTTY.  Exchange:  RST + QSO#.

6.  QRPARCI Hoot Owl Sprint.  2000-2400 Local Time Sunday. Exchange:
RST + SPC + ARCI# or power.  160-10M CW.  Power multipliers.

7.  Adventure Radio Society Spartan Sprint.  Monday.  0100-0300Z. 80-10M
CW.  5W maximum power.  Exchange : RST + SPC + power.

I will be at NY4A with K4QPL, AA4FU, and N4AF M/S in CQ WPX CW. This is
in coastal North Carolina.  K4QPL is my college roommate. VE7ZO will be
single op two radio at NQ4I.  Hope all of you will be QRV in this big
and fun contest.  Hope everyone has a nice week and weekend.  W4FOA sent
me a copy of a newspaper article about my good friend Bill O'Kain in Oak
Ridge, TN.  I am reproducing it below.  I am sure that many of you have
worked Bill over the years from his home and also from the Caribbean,
especially J3 I think. 73, John, K4BAI.

(
5.  SARL
This article was sent to me by a ham friend, K4LTA.  The article is
about a long time ham radio friend of mine.  Over the past 50 years,
I've met Bill and Ruby many times in person and spoken with him on the
radio many, many times but I never knew about how he came to be blind.
As in a lot of cases where one loses a sense (sight) it seems other
senses become super sensitive.  Bill's memory/recall is incredible and
his radio operating skills are second to none.  He is an active member
in some of the most prestigious Amateur Radio Associations. Read and
pass along to anyone who might need a "pick me up".
Tony