[SECC] Informatin from K1N Navassa Island DXpedition

Subject: [SECC] Informatin from K1N Navassa Island DXpedition
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:21:27 -0500

As you know, our team is going to be QRV on Navassa beginning (most
likely) sometime Sunday Feb 1st.  They?ll have 11 days on the air and
propagation will be good to excellent for the SE US on four to five
bands.  If you need Navassa for a ATNO (All Time New One) you shouldn?t
have difficulty getting into the log.

If you?ve tried to work rare DXpeditions recently, you know the amount
and severity of Deliberate QRM (called DQRM) has grow exponentially.
These people?s goal is to disrupt your enjoyment of our hobby ? and it?s
time something was done about it.

Working in concert with the Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB), we?ve
prepared a web page where  you can report instances of DQRM.  If enough
people do so, there?s a chance we can develop a ?heat? map to help
identify these criminal stations.

The URL is www.dqrmreport.com

You can test it now if you wish; we?ll toss forms received before the
DXpedition is QRV.

Keep this in mind as you try to work K1N.  If you hear DQRM, go to this
website:  www.dqrmreport.com and fill out the form.  The forms go into a
database managed by RSGB.

Please do this if you find our DXpedition is a victim of DQRM.

There is also a DQRM button our our website that will do the same thing
described above.  Also, check the website often for news:

www.navassadx.com

One more thing.  While the US will have excellent propagation, Japan,
the rest of the far east and parts of Europe will not.  When the
operator is listening for stations outside the US, please QRX; he?ll be
back to working US stations soon.

Thanks!

The K1N Navassa DXpedition 2015

73,

Chaz W4GKF
Webmaster
K1N Navassa DXpedition 2015

Posted by: Chaz Cone <chaz at w4gkf.com>
?       Start a
New Topic       ?       Messages in this topic (1)
Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
? Privacy ? Unsubscribe ? Terms of Use

.