[SECC] Announcement: FISTS CW Club Get Your Feet Wet Activity January 18

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: FISTS CW Club Get Your Feet Wet Activity January 18
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:34:07 -0500

It's Your Speed

CW couldn't be easier! No need to procrastinate! Get on the air! You'll be
great! Try FISTS' Get Your Feet Wet event coming up this weekend. We'll be
looking for you from 0001 UTC through 2400 UTC on Sunday, January 18, 2015 -
that's Saturday night 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain and 4pm Pacific
until Sunday night at the same time. It's 24 hours of casual fun at the
speed of your choice. We will go as slow as you need to go! Look for other
participating FISTS members on or around these two frequencies: 3558 kHz 80m
CW and 7110 kHz 40m CW. Newbies, Elmers and everyone in between are invited!

When you are done, send a note to us about your experiences, comments and
suggestions to: feetwetlogs at fistsna.org. Send in your log showing you made 5
or more contacts. Do this for every GYFW you take part in this year.  Your
name will go in a bucket for a chance to win one of two gift certificates to
active FISTS members.  Remember to let us know what kind or rig, output
power, antenna and key you were using! Remember THIS IS NOT A CONTEST only a
great way to build confidence as a fine CW operator. You can do it! Complete
details can be found at: http://fistsna.org/operating.html#feetwet. See you
on the air! 73 de Feet Wet coordinator Karl Zuk N2KZ Dit Dit.