[SECC] NAQP Strategy

Subject: [SECC] NAQP Strategy
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:27:00 -0500
Maybe I should have said that 20M has been closing early lately.  There
have been few signals most nights on 20M after sunset here.  Of course,
there have been exceptions with both short skip and long skip.  Monday
night of this week when we had a QRP Sprint (Spartan Sprint) at 0200Z it
was possible to work QRP station from W1/W2/W3/FL/ and TX at least.  On
Wednesday night at 0300Z, no QSOs were possible from here on 20M when we
did the CWT.  On Thursday night at 0230Z, no one on the east coast seems
to have been able to work anyone other than locals on 20M. The west
coast gang still had some propagation at that time to nearby states only.

So, it is likely that NAQP this Saturday will see 20M close earlier.
Therefore, taking time off in the afternoon when 20 is open might not be
the right strategy.  Take time off after 20 closes when you will have
40, 80, and 160 for the rest of the contest period.

73, John, K4BAI.