[SECC] NA RTTY Sprint W4IX SOLP

Subject: [SECC] NA RTTY Sprint W4IX SOLP
From: secc at contesting.com (John Colyard via SECC)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:49:12 -0400
I found 2 issue when working this Sprint for the first time, my first RTTY
Sprint. (1) I had an issue when trying to edit my RTTY messages, an error
message popped up saying I couldn't use this function because the mode isn't
set. RTTY = Always. I eventually rebooted my computer and was able  to get into
my messages, but I only set up my running messages and forgot the S&P messages
which created an issue when trying to work someone S&P. (2) There was a setting
turned on in N1MM that said Erase contact info when QSYing. Well I would forget
to hit enter after working someone     and then would change freq's, then lose
the QSO. Thanks Don W4OC for the 20 meter Q at the end, you were one I lost
earlier...Nice job also. Are    you back on with the SO2R or just 1 radio??
Station worked good for my small antennas. Activity was awfullly slow..hope to
see more activity in the    future. looking forward to battling it out again
with some of you at NQ4I's in 2 weeks for CQWWSSB. Also good luck to everyone
getting on for CQWWSSB.
      NA Sprint RTTY Contest - October

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   33       4
   40:   43      12
   20:   24      17
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

My first RTTY Sprint. The only issue I had was there was a setting checked in
N1MM that cleared my qso enter line when QSYing...well I think I lost a few
QSO's due to this...sorry guys. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming CQWWSSB
Test. I will be manning the 20M Station @ NQ4I. 73's

John Colyard
Tandem Communications
Director of Installations