[SECC] W4AN/M Claimed Score, 2014 Florida QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] W4AN/M Claimed Score, 2014 Florida QSO Party
From: secc at contesting.com (Dennis Arnold via SECC)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

 To: secc at contesting.com, contest at alabamacontestgroup.org,
 Date: Monday, April 28, 2014, 11:23 PM

 ???15:???300? ? 0
 ???10:? ???2? ?
 0
 --------------------
 Total:? 2346? ? 0? CW Mults = 80?
 Ph Mults = 0? Total Score = 750,720

 Club: South East Contest Club

 Comments:

 IC756Pro, 100W, Hustler mobile whips with DX Engineering Top
 Hat for 20M.? Jeff,
 KU8E, cured the RFI problems we had in the GA QSO
 Party.? Rigs, antennas, and
 computer worked fine.? Jeff had also improved the
 back-seat installation of the
 rig and gotten a desktop to place on the operator's lap to
 hold the computer and
 paddle.? It had a built in light that came in handy
 Saturday night.? Jeff's
 older son, Andrew, was our chief navigator again and kept us
 on the correct
 roads.? Unfortunately, we were unable to get to all the
 counties on our list,
 but we are glad that others took up the slack and sweeps
 were still possible.
 We were QRV in 32 counties.

 Band conditions were pretty bad for most of the
 weekend.? 15M had some real
 good signals from Europe, Central and South America.?
 Also, our best DX was a
 few QSOs with RZ0AF in Asia.? Our only two QSOs on 10M
 were with K5YAA in our
 same county and a very weak WA6KHK on a QSY from 15M.?
 Obviously from other
 reports to 3830, we missed some good openings on 10 to
 California at least.
 40M had several very storng EU stations and a few from the
 U.S. west coast.? We
 had either two (80 and 40) or three ( 20, 15, and 10) bands
 available at any one
 time, so QSYs were easier than when we formerly had to stop
 to change
 resonators.? Many thanks for all who called (and a few
 FL stations who answered
 our calls on 40M).
 we missed HI, AK, UT, NV, NE, ND, SD, VE5, VE8, VY1, 2, and
 0.? Must have had
 about 30 DX country mults.

 Congrats to all the other mobile operators.? We met
 VE7ZO and K5KG of the
 K4KG/M operation for supper Saturday night near
 Jacksonville. Thanks to the FCG
 and all who work on making this QSO party so successful.

 Tentatively, we hope to QRV again in the Alabama QSO Party
 the first Saturday
 in June.

 73, John, K4BAI.

 Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/