[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt on 40M Tuesday Night (Wednesday UTC)

Subject: [SECC] QRP Fox Hunt on 40M Tuesday Night (Wednesday UTC)
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:10:32 -0500
Hello all:

I will be one of two QRP Foxes hiding between 7030 and 7050 kHz
0200-0330Z Wednesday (Tuesday evening in the US).  The other Fox will be
Rick, NK9G, in WI.  We will each be running 5W and will call "CQ FOX."
I will add "UP" and will be listening up one to 1 1/2 kHz at the start.
  After the pileup is reduced, I will stop sending "UP" and will be
listening simplex.

This is a fun activity conducted on 40M on Tuesday nights and on 80M on
Thursday nights in the fall, winter, and spring.  In the summers, there
is a 20M QRP Fox Hunt Series.

The rules for all hunts are the same.  Each participant may run no more
than 5W and publication (such as spotting) of the fox's actual frequency
is prohibited.

The exchange is: RST, S/P/C, Name, and power.  As a hound, you may work
only the two foxes each session.

There is a "QRP Fox Hunt" webpage that contains the schedules and
results.  Please consider joining in this fun activity that may improve
your skills in breaking pileups with low power and in copying weak
signals under adverse conditions.  There is an internet reflecter used
for fox announcements, the posting of fox logs, and general QRP fox hunt
discussion.

73, John, K4BAI.