[SECC] CQ-Contest reflector

Subject: [SECC] CQ-Contest reflector
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:20:30 -0500
I seem to be deleting more messages on this reflector as some threads just
keep going.  The latest is about the 2 point rule in the CQ WW for NA to NA
(outside USA) Q's.  This rule was added 20 Plus years ago to make
Dxpeditions to Caribbean Islands somewhat competitive.  The rule was
approved by CQ Communications who actually own the contest.  Some just keep
harping on the rule.

Lets look at facts:

1.    It is a done deal.
2.    About only 15 to 20% of the contestants subscribe to CQ-Contest.

I think the recent changes such as the Classic 24 hour overlay are more
important.  Some areas such as the Far East are always going to be at a
disadvantage.

I only stay on the reflector to hear what K5ZD and CQ WW members have to say
plus get the latest cty from hard working AD1C.

Just my opinion.

Dave K4JRB
Retired CQ 160 Contests Director