[SECC] FW: [redxa1] K9W Wake Island DXpedition Delay

Subject: [SECC] FW: [redxa1] K9W Wake Island DXpedition Delay
From: pwhansen at bellsouth.net (Paul Hansen)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:18:25 -0400
Just off the press!

Thank you,

Paul Hansen, W6XA
Amateur Radio Service
1813A N. Boulevard
Anderson, SC 29621
864-222-3539
707-479-5892

www.AmateurRadioService.com
www.W6XA.com

-----Original Message-----
From: redxa1 at yahoogroups.com [mailto:redxa1 at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
John Miller
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:05 PM
To: Chat NCDXC; NCDXF Board; NCCC Reflector; MLDXCC Lode;
redxa1 at yahoogroups.com
Cc: Lou Dietrich
Subject: [redxa1] K9W Wake Island DXpedition Delay

To All:

Those of us on the Wake Atoll DXpedition team were scheduled to depart today
for Hawaii, on our way to Wake Island Friday.

However, because of the U.S. Government shutdown yesterday, the DXpedition
has been delayed.  The USAF is preoccupied with sequestration activities and
many staff personnel have been furloughed.

We are hoping this is a short-term delay, as we continue to pursue the
approval process.  As soon as a revised schedule is finalized, new dates
will be posted on the Wake DXpedition website.

http://wake2013.org/

In the meantime, thanks to all for your continued support.

73,
John Miller, K6MM

cc:
Northern California Contest Club