[SECC] question on email - spamarrest

Subject: [SECC] question on email - spamarrest
From: email2013 at k4ama.com (email2013 at k4ama.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:15:40 -0400
Interesting list of responses, to my email... not seeing much to help Jeff and
his initial question.

Spamarrest and other 'services' DO NOT play nice with lists and group emails.
I refer you back to my email reply to Jeff

Now, there are a couple of downsides....

1 - it causes problems with lists..   group email lists, where all kinds of
unknow email addresses can pop up...   causes aggrevation and constirnation for
the list members...  hence my email address for this list   email2013 at
k4ama.com    I'll just change this list address annually, and the email
associated with this address do not go through spamarrest.

You guys are hating on spamarrest for issues it is not designed or intended to
handle.  It should not be used for list participation...   it says it can be...
but as you well know.. it just doesn't not work well.   People who try to
participate in lists with an address that uses one of these services should be
banned...  it will not work and you are right to reject them immediately.  Any
tool will only perform well when it is used - by the operator -  within the
confines of its intended purpose.

For eliminating spam on  an email address it works great.  Performs as
represented and I am very happy with the service.  If you want to participate
in a group email list, such as this... use an email address that does not go
through spamarrest.

Now...  stop hating on spamarrest... it is the fault of the user not the
service...  :)

Tony, K4AMA