[SECC] Announcement: W4UAL Univ of AL Club Station 50 Year Special Event

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: W4UAL Univ of AL Club Station 50 Year Special Event This Weekend
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:55:23 -0400
Hi gang,
This month marks the 50th anniversary of the founding of the University of
Alabama Amateur Radio Club (W4UAL), and to celebrate, the UARC will have a
special event station on the air this weekend.  We will be operating all day
Saturday from outside on the quad from 7:15 AM to dusk and then again Sunday
morning from the club station at Paty Hall.  Operating frequencies targeted
will be 28.400, 21.300, 3.885, and 7.205, and if I'm at the mic, I'll be happy
to QSY somewhere down the band to CW.  We're planning on some AM operation down
on 3.885 on Saturday morning and late afternoon.  You might even catch our
esteemed ACG treasurer on the air as well.  There will be a commemorative QSL
available, and details are available on page 91 of the October QST.  QSL to the
club station W4UAL.  We are hosting several of the original 1962 charter
members down in Tuscaloosa, and we're all looking forward to a great weekend.

My apologies for this being slightly out of the contesting lane, but I thought
there might be a few folks on the list who would be interested.  Please
distribute the word far and wide, and we'd appreciate any spots while we're on
the air.

Thanks & 73,
Mike Fanning, K4GU
President, UARC 1987-1990