[SECC] N4NX SOCW QRP KS QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] N4NX SOCW QRP KS QSO Party
From: n4nx at comcast.net (n4nx at comcast.net)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:27:36 +0000 (UTC)
Kansas QSO Party

Call: N4NX
Operator(s): N4NX
Station: N4NX

Class: Single Op CW QRP ( 5 watts )
QTH: GA

40: 15 11
20: 85 55

----------------------------
Total: 100 66 + 200 bonus points Total Score = 20,000

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

First QRP entry ever in a contest. Just acquired a new Elecraft K1 a week ago.
took it to our mountain home in Sautee, GA and connected it to my dipoles on 20
& 40 meters. The path to KS from here has always been good so decided to enter
the QSO party. Had to call many of the KS stations several times to establish
contact, but
got through in almost every case. I did miss N0L which would have given me the
full spelling of KANSAS & SUNFLOWER. I called N0L many times on 40 meters
but alas no QSO. I did however work the two bonus stations ( KS0KS & N0A ) .
The KS operators did a fantastic job and they obviously had good ears.
I had a ball and would try QRP contesting again.

73
Bill N4NX