[SECC] Summer accomplishments

Subject: [SECC] Summer accomplishments
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:12:18 -0400
On Aug 22, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com>
wrote:

> I look forward to hearing from other SECC'ers as to their progress and
> improvements thay have made to their stations this summer...off contest
> season is and has always been the time to re-build, and build something
> bigger andd better?

Well, not much has happened at the Gwinnett QTH. I'm looking to improve the
antenna situation here in Floyd County. Right now, I just have the R7000 3m
high, as well as an 80/40m dipole 3-5m high.

Plans are for two wire antennas: a trap dipole for 80/40/20m (and maybe 15m --
working on the models) to replace the 80/40m dipole, much higher -- about 10m
in the trees; and an 160/80m trap inverted L.

Other projects for the fall would be a 20/17/15m moxon suspended from the
trees, pointed at Europe.

My goal is to work on DXCC countries on 80/160m, as well as play some in
domestic contests. It's not going be a super-competitive location without any
towers, but should be good for some fun.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901