[SECC] TechFest 2012 Jan 14th

Subject: [SECC] TechFest 2012 Jan 14th
From: norman at schklar.com (Norman Schklar)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:07:58 -0500
Thanks SECC for participating in TechFest!

Update on TechFest January 14th in Lawrenceville.NO admission fee. ?No
Tailgate charge. ?Free Lunch. ? Chili cookoff. ? Door PrizesMore Ham
Radio under one roof than you?ll find anywhere else in Georgia.New
Location and more info www.GARS.org

Forums:10:00 SEDX on The Art of QSLing11:00 Satellites on a Hand
Held12:00 New Ham, now what?
1:00 ?D-STAR configuration and familiarization

Here?s what?s lined up so far?

>Ham Radio on a Smart Phone - Atlanta Radio Club>Our Club and Keenahoochee
>Hamfest ? KARC>RadioWavz Product Display - RadioWavz Antennas>10-10
>International - 10-10 International>Georgia 900 MHZ Group ?- Georgia 900 MHZ
>Group>The Excitement of DX ?SEDXC

>>>Georgia QSO Party and South Eastern Contest Club - GQP/SECC

>Now you've got a license. ?What Next? ? David Harden>Satellite contacts with a
>Hand Held Radio - Clint Bradford>CW is alive and well. ?How to enjoy it more ?
>Paul Kelley>CW Keys and the fun of CW in Amateur Radio ? Dick Bentley>Portable
>APRS and the Portable IGATE - Larry Whited>Digital Slow Scan TV for fun and
>emergency communications - Tri County Amateur Radio Club>ARRL Section Manager
>? ARRL>ARES in Gwinnett County - Gwinnett ARES>D-STAR in Georgia - Georgia
>D-STAR>Using Digital VHF in Emergency Communications - The Silver Comet
>Amateur Radio Society>Amateur TV - North East Georgia Amateur Radio Club>GARS
>Youth Lounge - GARS ?and Gwinnett ARES>The Original Text Machines RTTY before
>computers - Alford Memorial Radio Club>VE Session - W5YI VE (VE rules
>apply)>Digital Modes for Dummies - Hall County ARES>Fun with Low Power Radio
>(QRP) - North Georgia QRP>QSL?ing the Quick and Easy Way -North Fulton Amateur
>Radio League>Venture Crew 73 ? Steve Back?>Hams on Cams Using Video to Promote
>Amateur Radio - HamsonCams.comIf you are new to QSLing, we will have two
>separate offerings. ?One on why and the other on how. ?If you want to use a
>bureau but haven?t, check with NFARL. ?They?ll have envelopes, stamps and
>instructions for your incoming QSL bureau. ?Want to start LOTW. ?Just show
>up!Get Started with QSL?ing the Quick and Easy Way?In Five Minutes or Less! ?
>? ? ? ?Set up your personal Logbook of the World (LoTW) account? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>? (bring your laptop and make it extra easy) ? ? ? ? ?Set up to receive
>incoming QSL?s coming through the US bureaus ? ? ? ? ?Learn about the ARRL and
>SEDXC outgoing QSL services ---?LOTW activities Sponsored by the North Fulton
>Amateur Radio League ---Satellite on a hand held. ?Clint will show you
>how.What?s going on in Georgia on ?900mhz?Why CW?New Ham, we?ve got you
>covered.Norm, WA4ZXV at arrl.netTechFest ChairGwinnett Amateur Radio Society

Norm Schklar