[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt on 40M Tonight

Subject: [SECC] QRP Fox Hunt on 40M Tonight
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:27:55 -0500
Hello all:  Along with Tom, KV2X, in NY, I will be a QRP Fox tonight
local date, 0200-0330 Friday UTC, on 40 meters.  Frequencies will be
between 7040 and 7050, as usual.  I will be using my FT1000MP at 5W
output and a coax fed half wave 40M dipole at 50 feet.  I will start out
split and will probably go simplex when the pile up dies down.  When
listening split, I will send "up" and when I stop sending "up," I will
be listening simplex.  40M has been going long early recently, so I will
try for the east coast stations first, but with no alternate antenna to
select, I will be answering the ones I hear first.  Exchange will be
real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.

Callers must use no more than 5W output and work only the two foxes.
All information can be found by a Google search for "QRP Fox Hunts."

Hope to work many of you tonight and Happy New Year to all.

73/72, John, K4BAI.

FOC #1121
CWOps #76