[SECC] Reminder: NAQCC Milliwatt Sprint Tonight

Subject: [SECC] Reminder: NAQCC Milliwatt Sprint Tonight
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:02:09 -0500
Run 999mW or less.

A last-minute reminder of our NAQCC mW sprint coming up tonight.

This email is also a quick reference guide to our sprints in general. You
might want to save it or print it out. Here is the date and time for our
current sprint. Other details can be found via the links below.

Wednesday December 28 from 8:30 to 10:30 PM EST (Thursday December 29 from
0130Z to 0330Z)

Being a sprint in which you must use mW power levels to be eligible for
awards, you may think this is only a sprint for those with big antenna
farms. To a certain extent that is true and if someone with a big antenna
system and good location enters from your division, they likely will win the
division. However for those of us with indoor or low antennas in a poor
location, it is a good opportunity to to show others and perhaps convince
yourself that contacts CAN be made with mW power and very simple setups in a
less than ideal location. So no matter your situation, jump in and give it a
try. Especially if conditions are good, you may just surprise yourself how
well you can do.

If you've been hesitant to join in our sprints because you hear other
sprints running at breakneck speeds, have no fear. Our sprints are geared to
the newcomer to CW and/or contesting. Virtually everyone including the many
veteran contesters who regularly enter our sprints will slow down to YOUR
speed to help you make your contacts

In part due to that, we believe our NAQCC monthly sprints have become the
most successful 2-hour sprints in ham radio today. You can help us to
continue our growth, and help to promote CW and QRP. Just get in the sprint,
make QSO's, and send in a report via our autologger. That's all there is to
it. We regularly get 150-200 participants in each of our regular monthly
sprints, of whom 100-120 will submit logs for cross-checking. Our record is
135 logs in August 2010. Our sprints make a powerful statement about the
popularity of CW and QRP to the ham radio world.

For one of our special mW sprints, the number of logs and participants is
not that high. We do not cross-check logs from our special sprints, so we
don't have a record for the number of participants. However the record for
number of logs submitted is 63 in December 2010. Let's see if we can break
that record this time. Wouldn't it be great if we could go over 100 logs!

Rules specific to this month's sprint are available via:

http://naqcc.info/contests.html
---

General Sprint Rules that apply to all our sprints are at:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html

The General Sprint Rules contain info on obtaining the GenLog logging
program which makes logging very simple for you and log cross-checking
simple for us. Instructions for its use are here also.
---

The very latest member list for use with GenLog (naqcc.dat) is uploaded to a
zip file the day of the sprint. Check the included readme file to be sure
you are getting the very latest version here:

http://naqcc.info/naqcc.zip
---

A thorough tutorial on using GenLog that includes many screen captures is
at:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_genlog_tutorial.html.
---

After the sprint, use our Autologger to make submitting your report and log
as easy as possible:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_submit_log.html
---

Curious about how you did in each of our past sprints, want to check up on
how your 'rivals' did, or want to see the results of a specific sprint? You
can now do all of that at:

http://naqcc.info/contests.html.
---

Tips for successful sprinting can be found at:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_tips.html
---

We award a maximum of 13 certificates for each special sprint. One to the
winner in each of the 10 USA call areas, one to the Canadian winner, and one
to the DX winner. If there are any entrants in our GAIN category, the winner
there gets the 13th certificate.

We also often award a prize of some sort donated by the club or one of our
members to the winner of a random drawing among all who participate and send
in a report.

* John K3WWP - 100% CW / QRP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:
*
* As NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 - http://naqcc.info/
*
* As FISTS Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002 - http://www.fists.org/