[SECC] Announcement: NCCC NS Sprint Ladder Starts Thursday Night

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: NCCC NS Sprint Ladder Starts Thursday Night
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:35:00 -0500
*announcing . . . .

NS Ladder XIII - "Contesting on the Edge"      Starting this Thursday
night for 10 sessions at 0230Z (Fri)

                 1830 Pacific   1930 Mountain 2030 Central 2230 Eastern
Time -- Thursday Night
                 30:00 mins /exactly.

/Great prep for NA Sprints and multiple chances to win the famous W0YK
Wine (www.munsvineyard.com <http://www.munsvineyard.com>)

       -- 160, 80, 40  and 20m  40 KHz up from band edge or 1815 [please
spread out]
       -- 100 watts maximum
       -- Sprint format,
                   --- mults per band
                   --- 1 KHz QSY rule.
       -- Contact stations once per band i.e. no same-band duplicate Q's.
       -- Score reports to http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/
<http://hornucopia.com/> (Tks, WA7BNM)
            [Note we will request logs from time to time to verify accuracy]

Rules: http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
Schedule: http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html

Important rules:
     1) Strictly observe the time limits  . . see
http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html paragraph "Time".
     2)  After 2nd Q of couplet, please leave a pause for the cq'ing stn
to ask for fills.

Awards:  Bottles of CA Pinot Noir wine  from the famous W0YK vineyard
awarded [alternate prizes for those <21] by a weighted random drawing.
Thus from an awards standpoint, no SO1R "penalty" in this contest.
Note: our downloadable score base, available weekly and flagged for SO2R
use, allow a participant to generate personalized rankings by selectable
criteria.  Minimum 5 weeks required for awards. . additional entries in
drawing table for 1st, 2nd place scores in division and for perfect
10-wk participation.  Divisions . . see map at
http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html

nccc-blue reflector:  All are invited to join this low-volume reflector
for discussing NS and NS Ladder topics.  Sign up at:
request.

**
Special Request:
        We would like some of you to post your Cabrillo logs to the log
archive site that Bruce, WA7BNM has created for us:
http://www.b4h.net/nccc/

The purpose is to compile consensus exchanges to allow
limit**ed**accuracy verification by a participant (we do not normally
error-check logs) and to identify new players.    Posting is voluntary.
**
73 Bill n6zfo  Contest director.

?'s to n6zfo at arrl.net <mailto:n6zfo at arrl.net>
or any Advisory Group member.**   N4AF, N6WM, K6UFO, W4NZ, K4BAI, W9RE,
N3BB and W0BH *