[SECC] ARRL 160 N4DU Single Op HP

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160 N4DU Single Op HP
From: k9ay at k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:46:22 -0600
>>Worked just Friday night, my legs where so sore Saturday morning I could not
>>sit any more
Jim N4DU

Jim and all,

Some years ago I had the same problem, along with aching lower back. Then I
discovered a few major things...

1. Good posture reduces fatigue, but comfort doesn't always go along with it.
For several years, my most effective op chair was a heavy old kitchen chair --
the kind with the tubular metal legs and hard, flat seat. I put a cushion on it
of course. This chair made me sit upright and keep my back straight. It worked,
but it was not comfy at all.

2. Desk height is important, too. That's why computer desks are 2 inches lower
than a standard desktop, or are adjustable. Good arm and hand position helps
keep your back and legs in good position.

3. Maybe most important -- Over the past couple years, I lost 35 lbs and go to
the health club regularly. Now I use a standard office chair with no problems,
although I stand up and stretch once in a while. (I can also climb my towers
easily and get work done safely while I'm up there.)

73, Gary
K9AY

PS: Thanks for the 160M QSOs from SECC-land!