[SECC] SS CW NJ8J Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] SS CW NJ8J Single Op LP
From: nj8j at benshome.net (Ben Coleman)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:29:52 -0500

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

- ------------
  160:
   80:  112
   40:   22
   20:   63
   15:   36
   10:   26
- ------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:
Equipment:
Alinco DX-77T
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna tuner, MFJ-969 Antenna tuner

Antennas:
Even for Bedsprings Brigade Manor, You Don't Want To Know

I decided to try for full-time this year, despite the noise problems I
have here.  With the high bands open, and the noise problem gein less on
the higher bands, I figured I might be able to at least get contact
going on the high bands.

Unfortunately, some scheduling problems with the YL resulted in getting
started 4.5 hours late, missing the good high band time for Saturday.  I
picked off one QSO on 15, did about 17 on 20, a handful on 40 and after
an hour and a half of operating, dropped down to 80.  I was surprised to
find that I could maintain a half-decent LP S&P rate on 80, despite the
noise (the noise is noticably worse on 40 than on 80).  80 became my
money band until about 0800Z.

I got started again Sunday about 1830Z and found the high bands to be
ok.  My excuse for an antenna seems to get out better on 15 than 10.  I
need to get my 10M vertical back up.  I shifted between 10, 15 and 20
until about 0100Z, gave 40 a try, and shifted back to 80 for the last
hour of the contest.

Ben
- --
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin